Dementia Beyond Drugs Online Training
Webinar – CLASS FULL
Sign up to participate in the Dementia Beyond Drugs online training:
The training consists of Six On-Line Sessions: August 4, 2022 until September 8, 2022
2.0 Hour Sessions Every Thursday afternoon, 10:00am – 12:00pm ET.
This course is approved for 12.0 CE hours with NAB/NCERS.
The curriculum, Dementia Beyond Drugs: Changing the Culture of Care, is based on the award-winning book by geriatric physician and global dementia expert G. Allen Power, M.D.
Co-developed with internationally renowned dementia thought leader and award-winning author G. Allen Power, M.D., this in-depth, 6 session experiential workshop from The Eden Alternative® features a radically different approach to caring for people who live with dementia. Explore and apply an experiential model for dementia care that facilitates meaningful engagement, empowered interactions, and significantly improved well-being via the application of person-directed practices.
Participants will learn how to…
- Reframe “problem behaviors” as unmet needs;
- Decrease reliance on antipsychotic and psychotropic medications;
- Identify the limitations of our current approach to care for those living with dementia;
- Improve communication and promote positive, affirming interactions;
- Reduce challenging interactions through creative solutions that empower individuals to live full and positive lives; and
- Apply this new “Experiential Model” of dementia care to everyday situations of need and recognize the importance of enhancing well-being for all.
Use the code CCNG for the $450 discounted rate. Once the code is applied, you will see the $450 rate.